Tuesday 10 February 2009

It's Modern Art, You Fancy Bastard!

It has been brought to my attention that the River Avon that runs through Bath is not, in fact, the same River Avon that runs through Stratford-upon-Avon.
.
You would think I would feel foolish for making that error, but I recently learned that in Britain, there are 7 different River Avons. Not only that, but the Welsh word "avon" means "river"; therefore, there are 7 different rivers in Britain called "the River River". This fact alone is more foolish than I can feel about confusing two rivers of the same name, and is the basis for my...
.
DISCOVERY OF THE WEEK!
.
Early English cartographers were about as boring as two flies fucking on a piece of dry toast.
.
.
Anyway...
.
Today, class was on the other side of the River Thames (there's only one of them, thank God), so the navigation process there was a bit interesting. I found out that the Circle Line of the Underground does not stay underground for its entirety, which is why it was "severely delayed" today and on days with inclimate weather.
.

.
Hey! I found St. Paul's Cathedral on my way to class!
.
.
Hey! I found the New Globe Theatre on my way to class! For those of you who don't know about the Old Globe Theatre, it was the orignal staging place for all plays by a certain famous English playwright from the late 16th, early 17th century...whose name escapes me at the moment. It wasn't Christopher Marlowe, I know that. His first name was Will and his last name was...shit, what was it? Quiverlance? Tremblepike? Wobblejavelin? Quakeharpoon? It was something with moving back and forth unsteadily and a long, pointed stick. If I remember, I'll post it.
.
.
This is where class was today: the Tate Modern (a.k.a. - British MOMA). Now, I don't usualy understand modern art, but I tried to keep an open mind.
.
.
I understood this one. It's a giant spider.
.
I didn't understand much else there, but most of it looked pretty. I will, however, say one thing: Paul McCarthy...you are a twisted son of a bitch.
.
Go ahead...look him up. And don't Google Paul McCartney...he's a Beatle and he's irrelevant.
.
.
After class, we headed to the Anchor, which is a moderately-famous pub/restaurant on the south of the Thames right by London Bridge.
.
.
We ate well, surprisingly. I had wine and cheese toward the end. They go together quite nicely, believe it or not. Who would have thought it?
.
.
After dinner, we walked over to the bus stop at London Bridge. Tommy decided to do so on very narrow sidewalk railings. After that, the rest of the walk became heavily based in parkour.
.

.

We sort of found Southwark Cathedral on our way to the bus. Since we didn't know anything about it, we just snapped a quick photo and went on our way.

.

We have 3 days before our first performance for RADA, so I don't have time to keep entertaining you people.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Shakespeare! His name was Will Shakespeare!

.

Wait...I'm almost exclusively studying Shakespeare at the moment. How did I completely space on his name?

.

.

.

Well...this is awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment