Saturday 14 March 2009

RAPE IS A FLOWER?!?!?!?

I'm not even joking...Chris Polansky found this for me.
.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed
.
Of course Chris Polansky would know this sort of shit, but in all seriousness, what genius fucking botanist looked at the pretty yellow Brassica napus flower (whose seeds are used to make vegetable oil, by the way) and said, "I want to name this flower the rape flower"?
.
Did they even keep that bastard at the university after that one, or did they just let him go crazy? "We'll call this one the incest tree, and this one the genocide vine. Oh! We can call this one the sodomy bush! Where's my noble prize?!"
.
.
.
.
And people think actors are odd. Those people have not met scientists.
.
I know several scientists. None of them qualify as "normal".

No comments:

Post a Comment