Sunday 22 March 2009

This Isn't Tennessee Williams...We're Talking About a Dick in a Pizza

This week just didn't really seem to stop, but I'll see what I can cover about if from memory.
.
Tuesday, we went to the National Gallery...this time, for class. Forgot my camera. I talked about a 3m tall painting of a pony.
.
Scene study presentation on Wednesday went well, considering well pulled it completely out of our ass.
The men's day ended early, because our director for The Tempenist wasn't there, so we hit a pub relatively early.

Play of the Week: "Dancing at Lughnasa" @ the Old Vic near Waterloo

.
In my opinion...it was okay. I didn't really go for it, but I recognized an actor in the cast who was in The 39 Steps, my first show here. so, that was fun.

.

Thursday was a long day. Tutorials until 9:00pm, which are like 1-on-1 sessions with teachers where you ask them shit and then they tell you shit. The Alexander Technique one was amazing; he essentially just fixed everything wrong about my body structure in 15 minutes.

.

Friday, we finally found out who we were in The Tempest. The roles jumbl around a lot, but I'm mostly Sebastian (No, I'm not a crab...fuck off).

.

Saturday lasted forever because we needed to film our combat scenes, and then rehearse the Tempest right afterward.

.

.

.

.

.

Now, let me just say one thing...


I've been a member of the Society of American Fight Directors (or SAFD) for about a year and a half and am recognized as an Actor/Combatant with proficiencies in unarmed, rapier & dagger (EAE), quarterstaff, broadsword, and sword & shield (EAE). In order to be recognized as an Advanced Actor/Combatant, I needed to be in SAFD for another 6 months or so and get one of the three proficiencies I don't currently hold: single sword, small sword, or knife.

.

I just got off the website for Fights Four, a stage combat group that teaches these SAFD proficiencies and is run my some great people I know. As it turns out, they ran simultaneous single sword and small sword classes on different nights from late January to March 7th. If I had stayed in the states, not only could I have gotten Advanced Actor/Combatant by December, but I would have only needed to get the knife proficiency and wait another couple of years before I could attend the Teacher Training Workshop to become a Certified Teacher.

.

I chose to go to London.

.

.

Fuck my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment